Tier 1 EntrepreneurVisaThe entrepreneur category is for those investing in the United Kingdom by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of one or more businesses in the United Kingdom.
You can apply under the entrepreneur category now if you are:
Who can apply as an entrepreneur?
- in the United Kingdom and want to make an initial application as an entrepreneur;
- already in the United Kingdom as an entrepreneur and want to extend your permission to stay within your existing category;
- already in the United Kingdom as a business person or innovator and want to extend your permission to stay in the entrepreneur category;
- applying for permission to enter the United Kingdom (known as 'entry clearance') under the entrepreneur category.
To apply under the points-based system and be accepted into the entrepreneur category, you must pass a points-based assessment.
How do I qualify for the Tier 1 entrepreneur visa?
You must score:
- 75 points for your attributes which are different depending on whether you make an initial or extension application; and
- 10 points for English language; and
- 10 points for available maintenance (funds).
If you are in the United Kingdom and wish to enter as an entrepreneur, you will need to be sure that you can switch into this category.
Switching to entrepreneur status in the UK
Switching into this category is allowed if you currently hold leave in the following categories:
- a highly skilled migrant;
- a highly skilled worker (tier 1);
- an investor (tier 1);
- a post-study worker (tier 1);
- an innovator;
- a student;
- a student nurse;
- a student re-sitting an examination;
- a student writing up a thesis;
- a work permit holder;
- a postgraduate doctor or dentist;
- a self-employed lawyer;
- a writer, composer or artist;
- an investor;
- a participant in the International Graduates Scheme or its predecessor, the Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme;
- a participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme.